Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 1 in China; Part 1: We travel

Greetings from China. Or as we say here: 你好.


I made it safe and all is well. We left at 6:10 am Thursday from KCI, and for whatever reason, the airport was packed so we just about missed the first flight. We had a five hour layover in Chicago.



Here's the group that I traveled with from China. The rest of the group is on other planes.

My boarding pass got changed so I had to do battle with the check in folks. I was NOT sitting in the middle of a row for 14 hours!

Then of course we have the airplane we road out on. Not unlike the horse we road in on. It was a very long trip. We had three meals, but they were more like small lunches.











So when we got to Shanghai...there would have to be food... But I get ahead of myself. Fourteen hours on the plane and I got about an hour of sleep. We landed around 3 pm China time and went through customs. Now I have to get adjusted to local time so I can't go to bed before 10 tonight.

Notice the signs say Foreigners...that's me.

We made the trip to our hotel in real style. We rode the mag train. I have a couple videos for you to watch.

We got checked into the rooms. Pretty nice digs and then went down the road about five blocks for dinner.

I had fish in a sweet & sour sauce. We named him nemo....and then ate him!

I did not realize there were that many Rolex's for sale on the steerts of Shanghai. Well, I am nodding off trying to type this blog post. I will send another tomorrow.

I will put them photos in tomorrow's posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment