Friday, January 30, 2009

A New Begining

Charles Dickens said it best: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times....". Thursday January 22, 2009 at 2:35 when Gary said: "We are going to make a change in the Director of Manufacturing..." I was fired! Eight years, millions of dollars saved and earned and I was unemployed. Wow.

This was a new chapter for me. I've never been fired. I've never been unemployed. Now I was both. What happened? Where did things go wrong? What did I do wrong? How could this be? What could I have done to prevent this? How could things have gotten this far out of hand? What will I do? What do I tell people? How do we make it? Bret took my phone, my card and my key. Then he walked me out of the building.

I pondered these questions as I drove home that afternoon. I couldn't call anyone ... remember ... phone. I couldn't email anyone. My connection to cyberspace sat idling in my ex-office never to be part of me again. I couldn't get over the 'light' feeling I had as I drove home. There was a smile on my face. It was over. The doom and gloom of the last six months was gone. I was free. I was liberated. I was ..............

1 comment:

  1. I know it began as the worst of times and got worser still, but now it's the best of times and the world is your oyster (don't mind my mixing analogies there!)

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete